Our Review Of The Month: The Nano Towel
Here at The Underemployed Life’s home office we use a lot of paper towels. We probably go through four or more rolls a week. We use paper towels after we wash our hands at the kitchen sink. To wipe up the kitchen counter. We use them to wipe down appliances, the bathroom mirror, and on all kinds of spills. Most homes go through at least four rolls of paper towels a week. If you have kids, you definitely go through more.
We kind of hate buying paper towels. For a lot of reasons. You can’t fit them in your grocery bag, they take up a lot of kitchen space, and they’re not cheap. Even if you get the cheap ones, you end up needing so many rolls of them it’s like buying the expensive ones. Besides costing a lot of money, they’re also terrible for the environment. That, we didn’t know. We found out when we went looking for decent alternatives.
The U.S uses more than 13 billion pounds of paper towels each year. Producing that much consumes lots of resources, including 110 million trees per year, and 130 billion gallons of water. It also causes carbon dioxide to be let loose into the atmosphere. After a single use, most of it ends up in landfills, and decomposes, which produces and releases methane gas, a large contributor to global warming.
So we went looking for something better, cheaper, and not an environmental hazard. After about a month of trial and error we found something we liked called the Nano Towel. The Nano Towel is a nontoxic replacement for paper towels. It is made of Nanolon Fiber, a fabric technology that is hundreds of times finer than one human hair.
Now, we’ve never done a product test before. You can check our site for that fact. We wanted to see if it was as good as the company said it was. We truly didn’t know what to expect. We also want to make it clear that we are not paid by Water Liberty, the company who makes the Nano Towel, to promote, endorse, or say positive things abut their product. We do however get a small commission if you buy the Nano Towel through any links we provide.
Below are the results and a few photos from our field test.
So here are the things we like about it.
- Great absorbency. Probably the biggest takeaway for us was how absorbent it was.
- Cleans about everything we threw at it using only water.
- Environmentally friendly. No Toxins
- Doesn’t take up all the storage space of paper towels.
- If you have a Swiffer you can use them on it instead of buying replacement pads. We tried it and it worked great.
- It can replace most, but not all of your paper towel use. You’ll definitely save money
- They have a 30-Day 100% Risk Free Trial Offer
- You can use them for dusting, washing counter-tops, floors, bathrooms, glass, stainless steel, spills. We used it successfully for everything on that list.
- Each towel can last 2-3 years, or 300-400 washes.
Here are the things we didn’t like so much.
- Not ideal for using for using to clean your fingers after a barbecue meal
- Not ideal for using to clean mechanical gunk that may get on you if you’re doing auto repairs or any mechanized repairs.
- Does not Sanitize
- It’s not colorfast
OUR TWO CENTS
We like them, and we use them now. It’s as simple that. There is still a use for paper towels though. To soak grease from food, and to use if for messy foods among them. (Anything with barbecue sauce for sure.) Paper towels are great if you run out of coffee filters- (Yes, we’ve done it before)
However, if you’re tired of spending money every week on paper towels, this is a much better option. First, it’s truly better than paper towels at doing what paper towels are suppose to do. You’ll probably be as surprised as us at its absorbency. Second, depending on how much you spend each week on paper towels, you’ll save a lot of money and cabinet space. We didn’t know how much space our paper towels were taking up until we got rid of most of them. Also, it’s better for the environment. Lastly, if it doesn’t meet your standards, you can send it back, and get a full refund. We give it a full recommendation.
WHERE YOU CAN GET IT
The product is cheapest at their home website. Yes, even cheaper than Amazon. About 20% cheaper. You can see for yourselves. Their website currently has limited time specials on three different packages for purchase. Their Four Pack is only $19.95, while two Four Packs is priced at $34.95, and three Four Packs is priced at $44.95.