When you’re underemployed it impacts every element of you life. Whether it be family, food, love, trying to gain employment, or being employed in something that makes you hate yourself.
Writing for the Underemployed Life, I realized there was one family that knew more about being up the shitter than any other… I’d like you to meet the Bluths, and how their wonderful words of wisdom resonate with the realities of our readers.
These are the 20 Ways That Arrested Development Perfectly Sums Up The Lives Of The Underemployed
1. Your parents don’t understand how you’re so miserable and poor, so they give you the advice you think you want to hear
2. Going to a supermarket and wondering how anyone in this country can afford to feed themselves anything more than Smart & Final reduced cake offers
3. However, the lack of food in your life makes you a professional chef
4. You get a $100 pay check on a Monday, and finally buy something nice for yourself. Then Tuesday arrives…
5. This is the only reaction you can muster to your best friends getting married, having children, buying houses, and generally living a proper adult life. You end up standing there like:
6. After a year or so of heartbreaking misery in your professional life, someone offers you something expensive for free, and the resentment you’ve built up erupts out of you like a hate-filled, poverty-ridden volcano
7. Going to Costco solely to feed yourself on the free samples becomes a regular event… but there are no free samples that ONE day!
8. When you bump into an old college friend, and this is the most honest response you can muster when they ask “how’ve you been since we graduated?”:
9. Your grandparents still don’t understand how you can’t live off $10 an hour, but they still try to help you out anyway …
10. An accurate description of internships in the modern world:
11. Being underemployed makes you learn to live without health insurance
12. Despite being broke, you don’t live at home and have your own car. However, when you finally give in and ask your parents for a favor, they still treat you like a fucking toddler
13. You finally get a job interview at one of those “hip new companies,” and they ask you a Millennial-style question that your big brain doesn’t understand because it is basically text talk…
14. You have applied for 20 Craigslist jobs in the last week and none of them have responded, so you start to make up excuses
15. Your resume is so full of experience your actual profession starts to get a little clouded
16. You have a huge opportunity in your personal life that could earn you a bunch of money, but you make an epic fuck up and lose it all
17. One of your Craigslist ads finally responds. You sit for the interview and think you’re finally clicking with the interviewer, but…
18. Eventually, you settle for a job that’s marginally related to your field of study, and end up taking it way too seriously
19. Your parents completely give up on you because you’re a Millennial, or just a creative dreamer
20. No matter how bad it gets, there are always those worse off than you
Kay Smythe, The British Bitch in America.
You can follow her on: